A good piercing can still cause problems if not cared for properly. Each body reacts differently to the various types of piercings. The healing process of the piercing always goes better when the client follows our aftercare guidelines listed below. Our piercer is also available if you have any questions during the healing process, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Use ice to help alleviate swelling and pain – we also suggest IB Profin as directed on bottle.
- Wash your hands before cleaning or handling your new piercing.
- Clean the area 3-5 times daily; avoid over cleaning – We suggest using Antibacterial hand soap, Epson Salt, or Saline Solution (Do NOT use – Neosporin, Vaseline, Alcohol, or Peroxide).
- Check threaded jewelry daily to make sure it is on tight – Do NOT rotate your jewelry while cleaning it.
- Do NOT play with it, or ever, touch it with unwashed hands – this can cause infection.
- For 30 days: No Swimming – Pools, lakes, or oceans (if necessary use a waterproof bandage)
- Avoid contact with bodily fluids near your piercing until it is fully healed.
- Do NOT attempt to change out your own jewelry, you must wait at least two weeks to have your jewelry changed. We can change it out for you.
***Do NOT remove your jewelry if you suspect infection. It needs to remain in to allow drainage. If you suspect an infection please call us immediately: 619-956-9563
- Oral Piercings: Every time you “eat” or “drink” (besides water), “smoke anything”, “kiss”, “or put anything in your mouth”: you should rinse with (NON ALCOHOL) Mouthwash. You can use Listerine, BUT use 1/2 Listerine, 1/2 Water in clean shot glass. Brush teeth regularly.
- Labret, Snake Bites, Monroe, and Dimples Piercings: as mentioned above, but also clean around ball on outside with Bactine or Saline Solution on clean Q-Tip.
- All Other Piercings: Clean around ball with Bactine or Saline Solution in clean Q-Tip. AVOID USING FINGERS!
- First week: Twice a day. Second week: Once a day. Third week”: Every other day
Approximate Healing Time
Please make note that everyone heals at a different rate. We have provided the standard healing time for piercings below.
- Cheek: 2 – 3 months
- Cartilage: 2 months – 1 year
- Earlobe: 6 – 8 weeks
- Eyebrow: 6 – 8 weeks
- Genitals: 4 weeks – 6 months
- Labret: 6 – 8 weeks
- Lip: 6 – 8 weeks
- Navel: 6 months – 1 year
- Nipple: 2 – 6 months
- Nostril: 2 months – 1 year
- Septum: 6 – 8 weeks
- Tongue: 4 – 6 weeks